Snoring is an unusual sound that usually occurs as air pass along the relaxed tissue in the throat. It is the sound that mainly produced when a person is sleeping. Snoring may be caused due to the below-mentioned factors:
- One person can snore if he/she has got the nose blocked due to cold.
- If due to some reason the duration of sleep is not adequate, then this may lead to snoring. Normal humans should have sleep at least for 6 to 7 hours a day.
- Sleep position acts as a cause for snoring. While somebody is sleeping on its back then it leads to snoring.
- If one consumes alcohol before bedtime, then it leads to snoring.
There are some ways as mentioned below for how to stop snoring while sleeping:
Steps to stop snoring while sleeping
- One must avoid alcohol consumption at least 4 hours prior to going to bed.
- Nasal congestions can be removed by either the use of below
- One may use a nasal spray to remove any blockage in the nose due to cold.
- The use of room humidifiers is recommended for having fresh air in the room.
- One may try with a sleep position. Sleeping on one side is much more beneficial as compared to sleeping on the back.
- A person, who is obese, snores more as compared to the person who is having less weight. So, losing weight can be a remedy to stop snoring.
- Dentists use a retainer or some oral appliance in the treatment of snoring.
- By quitting smoking, one can reduce the occurrence of snoring.
- If some person has any allergies, then by treating the same the snoring can be stopped.
- One needs to follow some below rules before going to sleep
- Affected person needs to go to bed at the same time every day and wakes up at a particular time.
- All electronic devices must be kept away before sleeping.
- It is always advisable to drink plenty of water if one is having a snoring problem. Water will not allow the mucous deposition in the nose. So, snoring can be stopped by this.
- Some exercises should be done for the throat. One may say each of the vowels again and again for 20 to 30 times before sleeping.
- Some medical treatments like surgical operation, septoplasty, are also available for treating snoring.
- One can try with facial steamers to get steam, before going to bed. In this way, nose blockage can be cleared up.
- A night of good night sleep is very necessary in order to stop snoring. It is advisable to take a walk after dinner to have sound sleep at night.
One has to try different remedies until he/she gets the one that suits them well. To avoid any inconvenience, other people can wear earplugs. Also, if the snoring condition gets worse one may consider the option to go a doctor and get treated.